Sunday, February 9, 2014



Learn Korean : 5 Crucial Phrases

To All Malaysians who are still coping and learning Korean Language on your own or online/street study just like me, here are the 5 Crucial Phrases that you might wanna know... To those expert and fluent in Korean Language, please correct me if I'm wrong... 



It's impossible to learn a language without diving into the culture that created it. Because of that, one of the frustrating parts of starting a new language is that you never really know what phrases you should learn. To give you an idea of what I'm talking about (and to give a head start to anyone out there who's thinking about learning Korean), here are my top 5 tried and true Korean phrases.

1) 주세요 (ju-say-oh) - A respectful way of saying "give me."

A big difference between Korean and English is that "please" doesn't really exist in Korean. You're polite not by adding a word but by using the polite form. This is the phrase you use to order in a restaurant or to ask for something at a store. For example: 비빔밥 주세요 (bibimbap ju-say-oh)- Please give me bibimbap. 

2) 미안해요 (mee-ahn-hay-yo) - "I'm sorry."

Koreans aren't big on compliments, but they love apologies. Throw this around every once in awhile when you bump into someone or mess up a Korean phrase and you'll make a great impression.

3) 지하철 역 어디 있어요? (Ji-ha-chohl yohk o-di ees-soy yo)- "Where is the subway station?"

If you're in Seoul and you get lost, the best way to get your bearings is to have someone direct you to the nearest Metro station. Not only do most stations have information booths, but even the ones that don't have giant maps in both English and Korean. I've been saved many a day by knowing how to ask where the Metro stop is.

4) 을마 에 요? (Uhl-ma eh yo?) "How much is it?"

This one pretty much speaks for itself but it's one that I'm not sure everyone would think to learn. This should be a top priority. I use it about forty times a day. This is my favourite sentence especially when I go shopping at the flea market.. hehe

5) 서당 개도 삼년이 면 풍월을 읊는다- (seo-dahng kay-doh samnyeon-ee myeon pung wor-euhl eulp-nun da) "Even a dog can recite poetry after three years in school."

haha.. That's all from now... If many of you would like to learn more about quick and easy Korean, pls LIKE this status or comments should u have any suggestions or better tips for newbie like me... 



Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment